Splash pads and swimming pools are fun way to cool off during the City’s hot summer months!
Splash pads are open 10 AM to 6 PM on weekends beginning Memorial Day weekend. Admission is free. Children should be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
Splash Pad Locations:
- Zinn Park, 101 West 14th Street
- This park is located in downtown Anniston adjacent to the Justin Solohub Justice Center, and is home to the Martin Luther King Jr. Pavilion which hosts many community events to include the Annual Model City Music Concerts. The park also boasts an all-inclusive Americans with Disabilities Act playground, pavilions, splash pad and restrooms. The Unity House is also located in the park on the corner of 13th Street and Moore Avenue.
- John Nettles Park, 214 S. Christine Avenue
- Built in 2023, our new splash pad at Nettles park is an awesome way to spend any summer day with the entire family!
Norwood Park, 515 West 28th Street
Recently renovated, this park has two fenced outdoor basketball courts, a football/soccer field, fenced baseball field with dugouts and clock, large picnic area with pavilion, large playground, restrooms with attached concession stand and splash pad that is open during summer months.
- Anniston Aquatic & Fitness Center, 356 Summerall Gate Road, features an eight-lane, 25-yard pool with a depth ranging from 4ft to 7ft. We offer aquatic group fitness classes throughout each day, from low impact for those with arthritis to aqua groove, a dance party in the water. Swim lessons are offered at various times during the year. The pool is also available for pool parties from 5 to 7 p.m. on Friday, and from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., 12 to 2 p.m., and 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. on Saturday.
City of Anniston splash pads and pools are operated by the Parks & Recreation Department. Splash pad hours are subject to change. For details or concerns, contact PARD at (256) 236-8221.