Quarterly Disposal Day for Citizens!
As you may know, the Anniston City Council adopted New Debris Policies on June 1, 2021. These new policies affect what items our Street Department will pick up, how appliances are picked-up, and more. The new policies also detailed a quarterly “Disposal Day.” This quarterly occurrence will allow for citizens to dispose of items that our Street Department no longer picks up. City leadership encourages citizens to assist one another in cleaning up their neighborhoods during this time.
This service will be free of charge. The first quarterly Disposal Day will take place from Friday, January 7th through Saturday, January 8th from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM each day. These quarterly Disposal Days will occur in January, April, July, and October of each year, with exact dates to be announced prior to each quarter. During the disposal periods, one roll-off dumpster will be placed in each of Anniston’s four (4) wards, as follows:
- Ward 1: Youth Baseball Complex Parking Lot
- 356 Summerall Gate Rd, Anniston, AL 36206
- Link to Directions: https://goo.gl/maps/favuvVUaZMB81RXG7
- Ward 2: Randolph Park Parking Lot (The City’s Park not the School)
- 1906 Bancroft Avenue, Anniston, AL 36201
- Link to Directions: https://goo.gl/maps/15o4JPqk5ZQ5ZB1b7
- Ward 3: South Highland Community Center Parking Lot
- 229 Allen Ave, Anniston, AL 36207
- Link to Directions: https://goo.gl/maps/CNpbV8Mgb4vfvtFV7
- Ward 4: Norwood Hodges Community Center Parking Lot
- 3125 Spring Valley Rd, Anniston, AL 36207
- Link to Directions: https://goo.gl/maps/RCDDDY4L7Ay2cnyn7
Please note, the following items will NOT be accepted:
- Hazardous Waste of any kind(i.e. batteries, corrosives)
- Freon Appliances(i.e. refrigerators, freezers)
For questions and/or more information, please contact the City of Anniston’s Public Works Department at: 256-231-7742, ext. 272. You may learn more about our debris policies by visiting: www.annistonal.gov/public-works.